Friday, January 22, 2010

Obsessive Weekly: Atlantis

Alright, so this post has to do with my environment for concept art as well. I actually keep getting confused because I need to start conceptualizing ideas for my 3D environment in addition to the environment for concept art. :P

The animated film "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" has had a large impact on my passion for art, I'm obsessed with the character design and colors the creators used in the film. I'm mesmerized every time I watch it. In particular, I love the designs of the faces and hands of the characters, I don't really know why, but I love it.

This has to do with my environment because Nate and I started talking about the main setting that our character will be in for Project Null, which is the environment I've chosen to do for my assignment. We decided on a jungle-ish setting, just as long as it's really green because it has to be the opposite of the polluted metropolis that the main character originates from. It takes place in the not-so-near future so I might play around with creating some weird plants or something, haha.

So I just started sketching in Photoshop with some blue/green colors and I'll be posting some progress around 6 when my lab shift is done.

In the mean time, here are some shots from "Atlantis," tropical settings, and jungle settings:











1 comment:

  1. Ohh, I loved Atlantis!

    You seem to have a good taste in entertainment :p

    ReplyDelete