Thursday, October 28, 2010

Silhouette Fun

Miles talked to Tawnee and I on Tuesday about how drawing silhouette forms of our creatures could help us to get a better idea of how we really want the body shapes to look. I did some silhouettes for all three characters and I also wanted to show some detail work I did on the Ugly character. Even though I might be changing that character around, I still think it was some good practice in drawing cloth and gave me a good sense of how I'd like to approach clothing on that particular character.

Ugly Silhouettes:


I think an aspect that I really like about this character is that, although his body shape is meant to be incredibly thin, I still find myself adding characteristics to him that make him heavy. I think this is an interesting contrast that was initially unintentional.

Ugly Detail:



Grotesque Silhouettes:


Nasty Silhouettes:


No comments:

Post a Comment